Serves: 4 serving
Preparation + Cooking time: 20 mins
Meal Type:/ Low Carb High Fat
• 2 6-ounce cans chunk light tuna, drained (see Note)
• 1 15-ounce can small white beans, such as cannellini or great northern, rinsed (see Ingredient note)
• 10 cherry tomatoes, quartered
• 4 scallions, trimmed and sliced
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 tablespoons lemon juice
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine tuna, beans, tomatoes, scallions, oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Stir gently. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
TIPS & NOTES:
• Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
• Note: Chunk light tuna, which comes from the smaller skipjack or yellowfin, has less mercury than canned white albacore tuna. The FDA/EPA advises that women who are or might become pregnant, nursing mothers and young children consume no more than 6 ounces of albacore a week; up to 12 ounces of canned light tuna is considered safe.
• Ingredient Note: When you use canned beans in a recipe, be sure to rinse them first in a colander under cold running water, as their canning liquid often contains a fair amount of sodium.