serves: 4 servings
Preparation + Cooking time: 5 minutes
Meal Type: Sauces and condiments / Low Carb High Fat
• 1 tbsp tomato paste
• 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
• 1 tsp reduced sodium soy sauce
• 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
• 1 tsp sweetener
• 1/2 tsp sesame oil
• 3 tbsp reduced sodium chicken broth
• 1/4 tsp cornstarch
- To prepare Sichuan sauce, whisk broth, tomato paste, rice wine vinegar (like Chinkiang), sugar, soy sauce, sesame oil, cornstarch and crushed red pepper to taste in a small bowl.
- Sauce can be prepared, covered and refrigerated for up to a week in advance.
- Note: Chinkiang is a dark, slightly sweet vinegar with a smoky flavor. It is available in many Asian specialty markets. If unavailable, balsamic vinegar is an acceptable substitute.