serves: 4 servings
Preparation + Cooking time: 5 minutes
Meal Type: Sauces and condiments / Low Carb High Fat
• 2 tbsps heavy cream
• 1 tbsp sour cream
• 1 tbsp butter (unsalted)
• 1/4 tsp nutmeg, fresh ground
• 0.12 tsp black pepper, to taste
• 1/2 tsp salt, to taste
• 1/2 cup chicken stock
• 1/2 lb button mushrooms, finely chopped
- Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat until the foam subsides. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the chicken stock and heavy cream, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Serve immediately or store, covered, in the refrigerator for up to 1 day.
- Makes about 1 cup.