Serves: 8 servings
Preparation + Cooking time: 40 minuets
Meal Type: / Low Carb High Fat
• 1/3 cup mayonnaise
• 2 tablespoons pickle relish or finely chopped dill pickle
• 1 teaspoon grainy mustard
• 4 5- to 6-oz. thin white fish fillets, such as flounder
• 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
• 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
• 2 teaspoons paprika
• 7 tablespoons olive oil
• Combine mayonnaise, relish and mustard in a small bowl.
• Sprinkle fish with salt. Place flour in a shallow bowl. Place eggs in another bowl. Combine cornmeal and paprika in a third bowl. Dip fillets in flour, then egg, then cornmeal, shaking off excess.
• Warm half of oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook fish, working in batches and adding more oil if necessary, turning once, until golden and firm, 2 to 3 minutes per side, depending on thickness. (Wipe out skillet between batches.) Serve with sauce.