Serves: 4 servings
Preparation + Cooking time: 25 minuets
Meal Type: / Low Carb High Fat
• 1 1/3 cups crumbled queso fresco or feta cheese (about 6 ounces)
• 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
• 3 1/4 cups water
• 1 cup polenta (coarse yellow cornmeal) or regular cornmeal
• 1 1-pound bag frozen yellow corn kernels, thawed
• 1 pound fresh link chorizo sausage, casings removed
• 1 pound cherry tomatoes (about 3 1/2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss cheese and cilantro in small bowl. Mix 3 1/4 cups water, polenta, and corn kernels in 13x9x2-inch glass baking dish. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper and stir to blend well. Bake until water is absorbed and polenta is tender, stirring once, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sauté chorizo in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat until browned, breaking into small pieces with side of wooden spoon, about 6 minutes. Add cherry tomatoes to skillet. Cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer until tomatoes soften, about 6 minutes. Uncover; crush some tomatoes with fork. Simmer until tomatoes release juices and sauce thickens slightly, about 10 minutes. Spoon polenta onto plates. Top with chorizo mixture, then cheese mixture.