Preparation + Cooking time: 45 minuets
Meal Type: / Low Carb High Fat
• Cooking spray $
• 2 cups chopped onion (about 1 large) $
• 1 1/2 cups chopped carrot (about 4 medium) $
• 1 cup chopped celery (about 4 stalks) $
• 1 (17-ounce) refrigerated beef roast au jus
• 5 garlic cloves, minced $
• 1 cup uncooked pearl barley
• 5 cups fat-free, lower-sodium beef broth $
• 2 cups water
• 1/2 cup tomato puree $
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper $
• 2 bay leaves
• Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion, carrot, and celery to pan; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
• While vegetables cook, heat roast beef according to package directions; drain, discarding drippings. Chop beef into 1-inch pieces.
• Stir garlic into vegetables; cook 30 seconds. Stir in beef, barley, and remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat, and simmer 40 minutes or until barley and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove and discard bay leaves.